Tuesday, October 13, 2009

20 weeks!!!


We are halfway there people!

And yeah, I don't know what's going on with my hand in that picture. It's hard taking self photos!!

This week, Ray Ray weighs about 10 oz, and is developing the layers of her skin. She is also practicing swallowing, and is digesting, which is producing the lovely meconium that we will experience along with the first diaper change. Good to know, right?

So what do I have going on this week?

** leg cramps at night. Super annoying.
** Headaches here and there.

This has been a blessed pregnancy thus far, and I hope it continues that way! Except for that awful bout with morning sickness, I can't complain.

I've been focused on having a stress-free pregnancy and on making good choices for our growing family. Even my students are focused on my health. One day this past week, they were getting on my nerves (by giving me every answer but the right one!). One of my students said, "Let's get it right, we are stressing Ray Ray out!" I could have hugged him, except for the fact that he seems to always have a nasty cold.

Speaking of colds and making good choices... About this swine flu. I'm thinking that I will not get the vaccination. They have yet to test it on pregnant women, and are basically just waiting to see how many miscarraiges happen before they can give an accurate view of its results. In terms of the regular flu shot... the jury is still out on that one to. I've never taken one, and I've only had the flu once as an adult... that I know of. I've got to think a little more on that one.

0 comments: