Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bringing the Word Wednesday!

Our church is going through a 5 week series call "Fearless: Staring Down Your Inner Wimp". In this series, our pastor is showing us how to Fear Less & Trust God More in every area of our life. He says the truth is that all of us have an unhealthy amount of fear inside of us that we need to stare down and overcome if we are going to fully walk into the purpose and plans of Our God! On the first Sunday of the series, we were to write down a big fear and pin it to the cross as we took communion. Yes, they'd constructed a cross and we used thumb tacks to nail them down. They can do creative things up there sometimes!

We were given a few verses to marinate on, but here's my favorite!

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of self-control.

And a few more for good measure:

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 56:11
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do to me.

Matthew 10:28
Don't be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in hell.


What are you afraid of? Let it go!

0 comments: